Avast Email Server Security
Vital protection for your server data
High-performance mailbox server protection integrates perfectly with most popular operating systems, such as Windows Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 Server, via Microsoft’s Virus Scan APIs.
Antispam for Microsoft Exchange servers 2007/2010/2013 with the latest Service Pack keeps your mailbox free of SPAM and phishing scams.
Benefit from real-time protection
Your virus database will be continuously updated with the latest definitions in real-time via connection to the Avast Virus Lab, so your network will have even new ‘zero-day’ threat signatures as soon as we do.
Be in control with real-time alerts
Our easy-to-navigate graphical user interface (GUI) offers a user-friendly central window to all program functions. Comprehensive reporting options provide adjustable parameters for what information gets reported and how often.
Simple and convenient licensing
Licenses can be purchased on a per-server basis (rather than per mailbox), for greater convenience.
User interface (UI)
The Avast UI has been redesigned to keep up with modern navigation styles. Newbies will find it easy to use, while geeks are still able to access advanced customizable features.
The Remote Assistance feature allows Avast users to connect and share desktops with each other. This may be useful for technical support as well as for general administrative purposes.
Antivirus and anti-spyware engine
Our award-winning scanning engine protects against viruses, spyware, and other malicious agents, now with a new algorithm that is based on machine-learning, which can process new-virus data in milliseconds rather than hours.
Streaming, real-time virus database updates
Each virus signature comes to you in real-time via connection to the Avast Virus Lab cloud, rather than needing to wait for a traditional virus-database update. Your database will be continuously updated with the latest definitions.
Antispam for Microsoft Exchange servers 2007/2010/2013 with the latest Service Pack.
Our Behavior Shield now uses more sophisticated logic for determining – with greater precision – whether any running processes display any unusual behavior.
Scans all incoming/outgoing email for malware (a special plug-in is used for MS Outlook).
Scans all visited web pages, downloaded files, and java scripts. Thanks to the intelligent stream scanning feature, the Web Shield doesn’t slow your web browsing.
Detects malicious scripts hidden in web pages and prevents them from hijacking and potentially damaging your computer.
P2P Shield/IM Shield
Checks files downloaded via P2P programs and while using IM or “chat” programs.
Multi-threaded scanning optimization
Allows the splitting of large files between cores, which accelerates the scanning process on new multi-core CPUs and makes Avast run even faster.
Uses dynamic translation (much faster than traditional emulation) for both generic unpacking and within the heuristics engine.
Simple attachment blocker
Blocks attachments based on their file extension.
For tight integration with the Exchange server.
Background scanning option
Scans without impeding day-to-day operation of the server.
Built-in and customizable, to ease your workload.
Server Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2 (any edition with latest Service Pack, 32-bit or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 (any edition with latest Service Pack, 32-bit or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (any edition with latest Service Pack, x64bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Server 2012 R2 (any edition with latest Service Pack, x64bit, incl. Small Business Server/Essentials, except Server Core)
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013. Avast antispam is available for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
Minimum Hardware requirements:
- 256 MB RAM or above, 512 MB or above if running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher (depends on the OS requirements and other 3rd-party software installed)
- Intel Pentium III compatible processor or above (depends on the OS requirements and other 3rd-party software installed)
- 500MB free hard disk space