Avast Wi-Fi Finder’s Offline Mode allows you to locate nearby Wi-Fi hotspots even without an Internet connection.
It’s never a pleasant experience to find yourself roaming around a foreign city unable to find Wi-Fi hotspots, especially when you’re unable to use your own data plan to begin with. In these cases, wouldn’t it be great to have a tool that could simply work its magic and locate nearby hotspots?
Avast Wi-Fi Finder helps you stay connected even without an Internet connection
We’ve already told you about Avast Wi-Fi Finder, which gives you the opportunity to have a fast connection regardless of your location while continuously providing you with privacy and security. Avast Wi-Fi Finder now includes a great new feature that adds to its functionality. Offline Mode allows you to locate nearby Wi-Fi hotspots even without an Internet connection.
How to turn on Avast Wi-Fi Finder’s Offline Mode
- Open ‘Offline Mode’, which can be found as an item in Avast Wi-Fi Finder’s menu.
- Select the country for which you’d like to download hotspots.
- Tap on the country to initiate the download.
- After a successful download, you can start using Wi-Fi Finder even without an Internet connection.
- Try it out by turning on Airplane mode, which turns off Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Go to the ‘Available Wi-Fi’ screen, which displays nearby hotspots based on your location.
You can also check for surrounding hotspots in the app’s Map view. Due to the fact that you’re completely offline, the map will show up as a gray background.
If you’re interested in saving as much mobile data as possible, you have the option to use Offline Mode even when you’re using your mobile data plan. This option can be turned on in the app’s settings.
Make sure to check back on Offline Mode from time to time — whenever we have a new batch of Wi-Fi networks available for download, you’ll see a big orange “Update Now” button in the app. Tap it to access all new hotspots for offline use. You can also view any new hotspots for download simply by pulling down on the screen while using the app.
Try Offline Mode out for yourself! Download Avast Wi-Fi Finder on Google Play.